Course PLDC - Diagnostic Cash Flow
Developed and Delivered by Steven C Isberg, Ph.D.
Sr Research Fellow, Credit Research Foundation
This intensive 7-module video session will address the major aspects of cash flow that top-notch credit professionals need to master.
You will learn practical concepts to use every day, such as how to calculate what it costs to carry receivables and the cost of extending
an early payment discount. Understanding your customer's cash flow is vital to your effectiveness as a credit professional. This course
will teach you how to become a better steward of your company's cash flow and gain an enriched perspective of a customer's cash flow.
The course covers the following subjects:
This course is delivered by Steven C Isberg, Ph.D., Sr Research Fellow, Credit Research Foundation. In addition to his primary role as adjunct
professor at the Merrick Business School at the University of Baltimore, Dr. Isberg has been involved with the Credit
Research Foundation for over 20 years, designing and participating in customized training programs, a variety of research projects, directing and
reviewing surveys, and writing and reviewing publications.
- Understanding present and future values of money
- How time value of money is used to determine the economic value of a cash flow
- A review of the financial statement structure
- Understanding the differences between the cash and accrual bases of accounting
- Understanding relationships between business activity, accounting transactions and cash flows
- A thorough coverage of the cash flow statement
- The relationship between cash flow statements, balance sheets and income statements
- Analyzing and understanding the impact of changing business strategies
- The relationship between different business models on financial statements
- How to use the time value of money analysis to determine the cost of carrying receivables
To register for this course
To return to the complete listing of CRF courses